Pages

Friday, August 2, 2019

Technology Wood/The Process

Tools:
Steel rule
Tri-square
Mallet
Marking gauge
Wood chisel
Claw hammer
Backed saw
Bench hook

The Process:
Step 1. I firstly used a: Pencil, paper, ruler and piece of wood, to make a full size working drawing of my phone holder... this is so I know it is possible to make and I can plan it out incase a mistake occurs on my piece of wood (which is not erasable).
Step 2. I used a pencil, tri-square, and ruler to copy the measurements from my drawing onto the piece of wood.
Step 3. I marked a square line (at 90 degrees) across and vertically, using a:pencil, ruler and tri-square.
Step 4. I cut off the first piece of wood using a Backed saw and bench hook.
Step 5. I then marked out the joint by using a piece of wood (for wood thickness), pencil, tri-square and marking gauge.
Step 6. Next, I used a Backed saw to cut upon the marked line used by the marking gauge. 
Step 7. Then I used a sharp Wood chisel and Mallet, to carve out the remaining wood pieces, to create the joint.
Step 8. I then added my 100cm piece of wood to my joint, and left it to glue together for a while.
Step 9. The assembly: I then traced two of the side pieces on to a thin, flat piece of wood.
Step 10. Next Mr.Grundy Cut out the two pieces using a cutting machine. Then were glued one on each side of the phone holder.
Step 11. Lastly I added a thick, but short length piece of wood into one of the created joints, to help the phone stand firm onto the project. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment